Whether you manage a commercial property, operate a hotel, run an events center or oversee the operation of a hospital, you’ve likely considered investing in security services to keep your property safe and hospitable to your employees and guests. But if you’ve never contracted with a security guard company in Kingman, AZ before, you may not know how to proceed with the search for a firm that will meet your property’s needs. Here’s a closer look at some of the most important qualities to search for in a security guard company:
- Proper qualifications: This is true for any company, but particularly when you consider that a security guard may be armed and will almost certainly be engaging in difficult situations on your premises on a daily basis: you need to find a company that’s qualified for the job. In this case, being licensed, bonded and insured should be the bare minimum you’ll accept from a security guard company. Accreditation through organizations like the Better Business Bureau can’t hurt, either.
- Thorough training: When you hire a security guard company in Kingman, AZ to protect your property, your employees and your guests, you trust the company’s personnel with the safety and security of valuable assets and human lives. Not surprisingly, you’ll want any security guards on your premises to be trained in all aspects of their work. Discuss their training regimen with any company you’re considering hiring.
- Strong communication skills: A team of security guards will quickly become a fixture at your site, and you’ll need to be able to turn to them in the event of an emergency. For this reason—and because it’ll make your working relationship more pleasant and productive overall—it’s important that the communication skills of the guards be first-rate. From face-to-face to written and phone communication, you ought to be able to interact with the security guards with ease and comfort.
- Physical fitness: Given the possibility of high-stress situations, including potentially chasing suspects on foot or restraining them by hand, the security guard company you work with should require its guards to be in top physical shape. Ask any company you’re considering about its physical fitness standards to ensure they’ll be able to meet your needs.
- Ability to de-escalate: While security guards may often be armed, they should have the skills necessary to prevent situations from escalating without the use of firearms. Whether it’s a dispute between a customer and an employee, a case of workplace violence or an active threat to the premises, being able to react calmly to defuse the situation should be a security guard’s first approach—and one that should be fostered by a good security guard company.
Regardless of the nature of your business or the type of property you oversee, you stand to benefit in countless ways from investing in the services of a security guard company in Kingman, AZ. To learn more about what an experienced security guard company that’s licensed, bonded and insured can provide for your property, contact the team at Mohave Security LHC today.