Many commercial property owners and managers are familiar with the benefits of hiring security officers. Their presence provides peace of mind so everyone feels safer, and visible guards serve as a means of deterring crime on the property. In fact, a growing number of businesses across the United States are now using or considering using armed security guards to protect their employees, clients, customers and vendors. All armed guards go through extensive training to learn the proper use of weapons, and they need to pass a background check to be able to carry a firearm.
Armed guards can do a lot of good for your business and employees, but how do you know you actually need them? Here are six signs you should consider investing in armed security guard services in Mohave County, AZ for your business building:
- Problems with camera security: Installing a security camera system around your commercial property is a great way to monitor people coming and going and watch for suspicious activity. The downside to this type of security is that cameras don’t always provide complete coverage. This is where security guards come in. They can patrol every corner of your property, even where cameras have blind spots. When you have armed security personnel in addition to cameras, you can rest easy knowing your property is truly covered.
- Slow emergency response in your area: Safety is of the utmost importance in cities across the country, but not every city has the budget to keep an adequate number of police, firefighters and other emergency response teams on the payroll. The result? Slower emergency response time from police, fire and EMS. Fortunately, armed security guards are trained to respond to a host of emergency situations. Most are skilled in things like first aid, subduing criminals and evacuating buildings.
- Employees stay late: If you have employees who tend to work late, it’s up to you to ensure their safety at night. Armed guards can patrol the building until everyone has cleared out, and they can even walk employees to their vehicles.
- Sketchy activity in parking lots: Day and night, parking lots are prime targets for wrongdoers. Your company parking lot can have all the lights in the world and still attract criminals. Whether your concern is car vandalism, vehicle theft or muggings, security guards can patrol, protect and deter.
- No supervision over visitors: Some commercial buildings allow visitors to enter and leave whenever they please. The problem here is that building owners with no oversight over visitors don’t really know what’s happening, or what free-range visitors are doing while inside. Station armed security at the entrances and exits to the building for control over all visitors.
- Help during emergencies: If the possibility of an emergency situation rattles your nerves, you should think about hiring armed security guards. They can help mitigate all sorts of situations by assisting your company with preparation, response and recovery during and after an emergency.
Do you need armed security guard services in Mohave County, AZ? Let the trained professionals at Mohave Security LHC stand watch over your property. Call us today for more information!