Do you think you have what it takes to be a security guard in Mohave County, AZ? Our dynamic and exciting company is looking for candidates to fill several vacant security professional positions. This exciting job requires a high level of skill, and often requires substantial amounts of determination, courage and cleverness to be executed properly. Mohave Security LHC hires only the finest officer applicants, as our clients are used to receiving the best security services available in the region.
If you think that you may be right for the job, read on to find out what it takes to be a good security guard in Mohave County, AZ:
- Education: Knowledge of local laws, regulations and more is an essential part of being a qualified security guard. For this reason, most security companies require prospective applicants to have obtained at least a high-school diploma in addition to some type of post-secondary education, such as a security training certificate.
- Licensing: Most states, including Arizona, require security guards to be licensed by a state entity. While some employers may be able to assist you with the licensing process, it’s always beneficial for both you and your potential employer if you are proactive and receive your state licensing before applying.
- Work experience: Even if your work experience isn’t directly related to security, there are many types of jobs that will have provided you with experiences that are beneficial in a security setting. Military veterans are particularly well suited for security work, as are former managers. Many security guards can go on to law enforcement careers.
- Communication skills: One of the most important “soft skills” that any prospective security guard can demonstrate is communication. Proper communication can diffuse uncomfortable situations and result in more favorable outcomes for both our clients and our security guards in Mohave County, AZ.
- Keep the public in mind: At the end of the day, security guards are public servants. It is exceedingly important that all of our guards are aware of their duty to protect public safety as well as our clients’ interests. Good, well-trained security guards in Mohave County, AZ will know how to balance these two duties.
- Quick, critical judgment: The importance of judgment as a skill for security guards is one that cannot be overstated. Good and timely judgment can mean the difference between satisfied clients and dissatisfied clients. All applicants must be able to demonstrate extremely good judgment throughout their entire professional career.
- Teamwork and independence: Depending on their assignments, our security guards in Mohave County, AZ may be working with a team or independently. This means that all of our qualified applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to function well alone and as a member of a highly skilled and highly cooperative team!
Since 2009, Mohave Security LHC has been providing high-quality security services to the communities in and around Western Arizona. We are proud to provide both armed and unarmed guard services to a wide variety of clients. We hire only the finest security guards in Mohave County, AZ. If you think that you may be a good fit for our company, contact our offices to learn more about our job requirements.