No matter the time of year, you can always find some sort of sports game to watch on television, but die-hard sports fans want to see their favorite team in person as much as possible. They flock to stadiums and arenas across the country with the hope of winning in their hearts. As a spectator, your only worry should be about the score, not your safety. This is where an athletic event coordinator’s job comes in. When planning these types of events, it’s up to the event coordinator to ensure the safety and security of everyone on the premises.
Now that you have security in mind, it’s time to find a security company to work with. Below are some things to consider when hiring security guards in Mohave County, AZ for your next sporting event:
- Size of the event: A big sporting event needs security to keep everyone safe. If you are in charge of hiring security for a sporting event, your first consideration should be the size of the event. This includes the size of the arena or stadium, the parking lot, the number of expected guests and the number of employees at the venue. All this information is helpful when you’re trying to figure out how much professional security to hire.
- Ticket takers: Most amateur and professional sporting events today let you purchase admissions tickets online, while others use old-school paper tickets. Either way, attendees must present a ticket at the door to get in and watch the game. To increase safety, you can hire security guards to double as ticket takers or to provide an obvious presence at all entrances.
- Bag checks: Bag checks are required at a lot of places these days. Sporting event locations require bag checks before entry, and for good reason. For example, in the worst-case scenario, someone could sneak a weapon in and unleash devastation. Having security guards perform bag checks at the entrance and throughout the event ensures a safe environment for everyone.
- Parking lots: Many security guard company services offer parking lot security guards. Whether armed or unarmed, security personnel will patrol and guard your arena parking lot from before the first vehicle parks to well after the last one leaves, and during the entire time of the event. Security guards can also enforce any parking regulations, as well as be in communication with local law enforcement if needed.
- Security for players: While event planners obviously want to keep attendees protected and safe from harm, the players need a watchful eye, too. Make sure to hire enough security guards to watch over everybody in the stands and on the field—only athletes, credentialed staff and coaches should be allowed on the field.
Sporting events are meant to be fun and exciting for everyone, not uncomfortable or dangerous. Next time you take charge of organizing a sporting event of any size, remember to hire security guards in Mohave County, AZ. Call the knowledgeable team at Mohave Security LHC today. We’ll be happy to share information about our professional security guard and patrol services!