Proactive business owners looking for ways to safeguard their products, property and collateral may be wondering what steps they can take to improve the safety and security of their company. Usually, investing in the services of a security guard company in Mohave County, AZ, is the best way to protect your company from theft, disorder and unsavory activity.
When hiring a security guard, however, it’s important to know about the traits that make for a good guard. Working as a private security officer is challenging and difficult, and it’s not a job that’s well suited for everyone. Security guards must possess the same personality traits and work ethic that makes for good police officers, community liaisons and military personnel.
Here are just some of the things that you should look for in any security guard that you’re planning to hire to help protect your company, home or institution:
- Honesty: Security guards represent the company they work for, as well as the company or institution that’s contracted them. It’s important to work with dependable, honest and hard-working security contractors that will represent your company well. Dishonest or otherwise unprofessional security guards can ruin your company’s reputation with your community and your customers.
- Clear communication: The key to deescalating a situation is proper communication. You should only work with security officers that are capable of slowly and diligently communicating with you, their direct employers, potential suspects and your customers. Out of all the traits necessary to be a good security guard, communication may be the most significant and most important.
- Proper training: Being a security guard in Mohave County, AZ requires lots of knowledge and knowhow that’s only received through extensive training. In addition to the required security guard training that all private safety officers need to undergo, a number of security guards also apply training they’ve received in the military, in police forces or in other prior careers.
- Vigilance and intelligence: Security guards must also possess both vigilance and intelligence—they need to be able to observe the world around them and apply their knowledge to what they see. While this is clearly a challenging endeavor that requires both innate ability as well as honed skill, working with a trustworthy and dependable security guard contracting company is the best way to ensure that you’re hiring a guard with these traits.
- Physical fitness: Security guards frequently find themselves pursuing possible suspects. Additionally, security guards need to be able to patrol large corporate or industrial areas, and respond with swiftness to any calls they might receive, or suspicious activity they may witness. It’s of utmost importance that the security guards hired by your company are in peak physical condition.
Since 2009, Mohave Security LHC has been a trusted provider of security guards in Mohave County, AZ. We’re proud to work with highly trained and highly skilled guards who know how to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our clients. If you’re looking for a way to protect your corporate or institutional assets, contact us today.