If you are looking for security guards, it helps to have some criteria to evaluate the different security companies. The qualities of a security guard in Mohave County, AZ will determine how well your premises, residents and customers remain safe. If you are considering hiring security guards, here are the top five qualities to look for in these skilled professionals:
- Reliability: Security guards are essential for the safety of your premises. If they do not show up on time or fail to make regular patrols on schedule, the security of your lot or building is compromised. You want to hire guards who keep their promises and communicate if anything delays them. Criminals often watch guards to see if they show any signs of unreliability, and then take advantage of it. You do not want to hire anyone who creates that vulnerability.
- Understanding of your needs: Depending on your business or premises, guards must understand what makes your property unique. A government building has much more specific security needs than a lumber yard. If you store valuable property that is often targeted by thieves, that is yet another factor that determines your security needs. Qualified security guards understand these factors and consider them when scheduling patrols or monitoring your premises. They understand that security is not a one-size-fits-all job.
- Knowledge of warning signs: Security guards should have knowledge that is backed by good instincts. They must be alert and know when someone is acting suspiciously. Guards will likely also be observant enough to know when someone on the property is not supposed to be there. You want someone who will take notice of normal schedules but also be able to tell the difference between someone being suspicious or needing assistance. That allows them to form the appropriate response to an action.
- Ability to de-escalate: You do not want drama with your security plan. That often only gets people hurt and property damaged. A good security guard knows how to talk someone down and uses physical force and weapons only as a last resort. Ask guards what they do in order to prevent violence. Excessive force can lead to fines and lawsuits, so it is best to hire guards who keep cool heads.
- Writing skills: If guards must file reports, you need them to make sense. Security breaches must be documented fully and give an honest account of what happened. Many of these reports are used by law enforcement to locate offenders and prosecute them. They are also used in insurance claims. If guards do not have these communication skills, it makes it more difficult to collect on insurance or otherwise resolve situations in your property’s best interest.
Mohave Security LHC offers armed and unarmed professionals who embrace all the top qualities of a security guard in Mohave County, AZ. If you require security assistance, contact us today to get started with a consultation. We look forward to helping you identify the type of services that will work best for your property and your circumstances.